DePaul offers customized degree options for both undergraduate and graduate
students with an unsurpassed track record of job placement.
Located in the heart of Chicago’s financial and business community, DePaul's
School of Accountancy and Management Information Systems (MIS) is in a unique
position to connect students with prominent corporate executives and
top-performing companies in various industries. Highlights of our accounting
- Strong Career Outcomes: Undergraduate and graduate students both continue to
have strong career and salary outcomes. At the time of graduation, or 6 months following graduation, 91% of accounting students are employed. In 2013, the average starting salary for accounting undergraduate students was
$51,175, while the average starting salary for accounting graduate students was $71,233.
- Big Four Placement: In 2013, 20% of the graduating class was hired by the big four accounting firms (Deloitte, PwC, EY, and KPMG), while 27% were hired by the top ten firms in Chicago. These firms, aside from the top four, include McGladrey, Grant Thornton, CBIZ/Mayer Hoffman McCann, BDO, Crowe Horwath, and CliftonLarsonAllen.
- Top Undergraduate Program: Based in a business college with the highest
ranking overall undergraduate business program in Chicago, (ranked 60
out of 124 colleges), according to Bloomberg's Businessweek (2013).
- Bachelor/Master of Accountancy Program: The Five-Year Accountancy program combines the bachelor's degree and the MACC degree. Students take three graduate classes
during their senior year, then finish nine graduate
classes at a 25% tuition scholarship to complete the master’s degree.
- Top Ranked MST: The Master of Science in Taxation (M.S.T.) program is consistently ranked one of the top tax programs in the nation, according to a survey of heads of corporate in-house tax departments conducted by TaxTalent (2014).
- Career Management: Accounting students have a dedicated career advisor who works with undergraduate students. The department also has a
faculty advisor for career management and mentoring.
- Scholarships: Annually, the department awards approximately
$300,000 in scholarship funds to both first-year students and to transfer
students, supported by alumni, current staff and faculty, firms, and other
School of Accountancy & Management Information Systems
1 East Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60604-2287