The Impact of Crowdfunding on Real Estate Finance
What You Need to Know
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2016
Time: 8:30am - 11:30am (Check-in 7:45am)
Location: Chicago Cultural Center, 77 E Randolph St
The JOBS Act was the catalyst for an overdue disruption of the traditional tech-adverse private investment industry and in less than two years, the crowdfunding industry has skyrocketed. Over 100 platforms have entered into the market with approximately $2.5bn in deal flow for 2015 and the expectation to grow to $250bn by 2020. Learn about the tremendous opportunities that have been created for both investors and deal-makers alike. Join us for an interactive program; topics include:
- Why has real estate crowdfunding become so popular?
- Who are the players in the industry & what are the differences between platforms?
- Market size and growth metrics
- Deal-makers' experiences
- Regulatory overview, particularly in Illinois
- What we can expect next in the future of this industry?